Monday, 1 June 2009

Imogen Heap

I was inspired by AnaCristina to (finally) write another post on my blog after finding out she was a fellow fan to my favourite music artist ever: Imogen Heap! I know, you've probably never heard of her, right?

Ok, so, for those of you who don't know, she is an acoustic/ambient/alternative/does it matter?/electronic/folk/genre spongre/indie/no idea, clear?/rock/vocal/blaaaaa [lol that's what she descirbes it as] music artist...as you can tell, you can't really explain what her music is like until you listen to it.

She lives in Essex, England, not very far from where I live actually (which is so cool I think!) and she has various albums out; some under her duo bandname 'Frou Frou' (with this other guy) and more recently, her solo stuff under 'Imogen Heap'. I've been waiting for donkey's years (and not very patiently any more) for her new album to come out this summer!!

I've also been following her on her delightful vblogs on youtube all the way and on Twitter, so it's been really fun to "make the journey" with her; see how she progresses and makes each new song etc...giving us annoyingly short clips to keep us wanting more! I never realised how much work went into it!! Well, for true music artists anyway. All her instruments are amazing and the random sounds she puts in (gameboy sounds, birds tweeting, her running round the house!!) just makes it all the more unique and creative.

She also has the most random/crazy/yet wonderful fashion style which goes along with her quirky and hyper personality. :)

Well anyway, go check her stuff out and see what you think. It's not everyone's cup of tea so don't feel bad if you don't like it hehe. But I will never stop loving her stuff! (The fact that she has my exact accent makes her all the more cooler xD )

Some links to my fav songs of hers:

The Walk
The Moment I Said It
Speeding Cars
Headlock

(Gargh, it's impossible to choose favourites!!)

An amazing live performance of a song on the new album:

Wait It Out

Her latest random vblog!

vblog #37

[Ok so she released some vocals for a song she never made and allowed us, the public, to make any mix we wanted with her vocals. Of course, lots responded. I tried and failed to make my own version lol. Ah well]
So here's one of my fav versions:

The Song That Never Was - Snyggare Version


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What her music is perfect for:
-working
-jogging
-chilling out
-in the car
-tidying your room
-singing along with friends
(so basically everything!!)

Hope you enjoyed this tribute post! :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have inspired me write my own tribute post! I'll let you know when it's ready... :D

Marc said...

Sweet - always on the prowl for good tunes I haven't heard before.

Really like The moment I said it and Speeding cars so far :)

Rose said...

Oo glad you liked those songs Marc! They're quite an acquired taste so, cool! :)
This post was cheating a bit instead of doing writing. hehe. I might change the title of my blog...lol

J said...

IAMX ft Imogen Heap - my Secret Friend

i love those two voices together.

Jack