Ok right it's definitely rant time...
[BEGIN:RANT]
So I received a letter today kindly reminding me about a fine I haven't paid from a train journey on the 29th April. I can't even remember what happened - I think I got a young persons railcard ticket from the machine, when I don't actually have the young persons railcard. So, sod's law I get ticket checked on the train, and fined 20 quid. Fair enough, I was in the wrong.
So I go online the next day and buy a young persons railcard and make an appeal for the fine, in the faint hope that they don't notice my young persons railcard was bought after I'd got the ticket. I remember thinking, "If they don't accept the appeal then fair enough, I'll pay the fine." It was supposed to take about 2 weeks for the appeal to be processed so understandably, it went out of my mind.
Two months later, I've totally forgotten about the whole thing, not heard anything from the fining company and I suddenly get this letter..."Reminder! Amount: £20 + £25 Administration fee"..."oh and by the way, we note than an appeal was receivedf but that this was declined and you were requested to pay the outstanding amount". No I was not requested! I didn't even get told anything about it!!
So, okay, let's get this stupid £45 paid then and be rid of the whole thing. I go on the website and what do I find? The administration fee has jumped up to £50 making the total £70!!!! I only received the letter today so how can they have already lumped on another 25 quid to the admin fee?!?! Annoyed, I ring them up and of course, it's one of those blasted switchboard enthusiastic sounding women who you just want to punch. Of course she sounds pleased: you're paying huge sums of money to their company for petty crimes.
I finally get to the option "if you have any complaints or queries about the sum on your reminder bill.." (Yes, I might actually get through to a real person now")..."then please write to us". WRITE TO THEM?? The fine will have jumped up to £500 by the time they've got it. It's so ridiculous!! I can't even speak to a person to question the amount.
So now I don't know what to do . I'll probably end up paying the blasted money but I so don't deserve it. Very poor communication and extortionate fees. I just want to punch them in the face. See how they like it.
[END:RANT]
So anyway, how are you? I spent most of this morning helping cook lunch for our heritage club, at church. Was a yummy meal: al forno pasta and salad, chicken and sweetcorn soup, profiteroles and chocolate sauce. mmmmmmm. Tis very hot outside (nearly overheated when I was doing the washing up!) and think I'm gonna go outside in the garden and read my nice book and try and forget about that [insert appropriate profanities here] fine. ;)
Toodles! x
Sunday January 1st, 2023
3 years ago


1 comment:
Not a thing wrong in letting loose in a rant, Rose. Occasionally, eh? I've always figured a rant, ranted about well, could help focus the mind. I can't hope to fix a Thing until I can see it a bit more clearly, the logic I'm standing by ;)
Post a Comment