Friday, 10 July 2009

Rambles and a Poem

Ônibus na Oxford Street / Buses at Oxford StreetImage by Márcio Cabral de Moura via Flickr

That 'argh' post was annoying me how it was still at the top, so thought it was time for another post. (On that note, I did write a letter to them but haven't had a reply. Me = very annoyed) Aaaaaaanyway, nothing more on that!!

Hmm, me thinks a poem is in order today. I feel like something short and sweet. I really need to get my ass in gear and do some writing for protagonize! I mean, real writing! Badly Placed is crying to be added to but I came up on a bit of a hurdle with my research. It appears the plot needs a bit of re-jigging for it to be realistic and medically sound, if you will. That's the problem with doing a story where I know nothing about how comas work! But no, I will conquer it! And then, when it is finished I will be so proud of myself. :)
So...poem!

Topic aujourd'hui est : Shopping

Up and down the weathered streets,
Bustling and jostling past a hundred heartbeats
My heels are stabbing and my shoulders ache,
Every step an effort, a heavy weight.

LONDON - DECEMBER 01:  Shoppers make their way...Image by Getty Images via Daylife


But in my hand the bags swing,
Safe and sound, my purchases sing.
A happy sigh as I flop on the train seat,
Nearly home, and I can't wait to eat!

Yes, you guessed it, I went shopping London today! :D Twas fun and I got some nice stationery from Paperchase...can never resist the stickers and cute bits!
Very tired now and don't really know why I'm still up!! So, toodlepip! :)
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Angharad said...

Can definitely identify with the poem about shopping! and i do love Paperchase. Really exciting to read some of your writing...I will have a look through some more of it later.

Ang xxx