Imogen Heap via last.fm
Warning: Long Post! :)
The anticipation with bated breath is almost over!! For albums & films!
So Imogen Heap released a single from her new album Ellipse (which isn't being released until Augest 24th! Argh! Can't wait any longer!) and it premiered on an American radio station. I managed to get it streaming from their website just in time for when she was on it being interviewed (phew!). And then when First Train Home came on I was like "awwww!!!" I love it so much! Although I am in danger of overplaying it already so I am rationing myself at the moment. But here it is for you to listen to!!
I have also been waiting for Owl City's new album (even had it penciled in my diary!) which came out yesterday!! At first listen I didn't think it was *quite* as good as Of June and Maybe I'm Dreaming but it's actually growing on me and I already have a few favourite songs.
Here is one from his previous album...(couldn't find a youtube vid of a song from the new album)
Do check him out on www.myspace.com/owlcity for more cool stuff! All the lyrics are really cute and his music just makes you smile and feel happy! Plus he's a Christian = Added Bonus! :D

And now I come to Harry Potter! Yay! The new film, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince has just come out today and I'm booked to see in Chelmsford this evening! Even that cinema (which is a bit quieter than Basildon and Romford) was nearly all booked up and we were lucky to get 3 good seats for me and my 2 friends! :) Can't wait! I'll let you know what I think of it!
Hmm, haven't written anything on protagonize for a while. For some reason, I've kinda been putting off writing for the moment. I don't know, I just haven't really been in the mood lately. I don't mind doing short poems and stuff but the idea of thinking up a whole new chapter and storyline or something, is a bit daunting. I know that when I finally get something up I will be happy but until then...here's a poem! lolLetter
A scratchy pen is dipped in ink,
A furrowed brow as hard to think,
From all those swirling muted words,
To a page that sings without reserve,
A true expression; no sound at all,
A simple movement of nib and scrawl,
A legible monitor that makes it beat,
A powerful jerk that stirs through sleet.
A burning passion, a burning wick,
Metallic liquid parts to seal the final lick,
An emblem clear, archaic indication,
Of folded confessions, threads of tradition.
A furrowed brow as hard to think,
From all those swirling muted words,
To a page that sings without reserve,
A true expression; no sound at all,
A simple movement of nib and scrawl,
A legible monitor that makes it beat,
A powerful jerk that stirs through sleet.
A burning passion, a burning wick,
Metallic liquid parts to seal the final lick,
An emblem clear, archaic indication,
Of folded confessions, threads of tradition.


![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=afd7f378-459f-4113-8688-ce679cc577d3)
2 comments:
I haven't been writing much myself of late. But that is one awesome poem. I love the rhythm, it's very natural and doesn't sound forced at all.
YAY for new Imogen! I need to pick that up in August. *waits impatiently* I've heard of Owl City. I think my boyf likes them. I'll give 'em a listen.
I saw Harry Potter and loved it. Think it's my fave in the series thus far. I'm going to try to see it again this week in IMAX.
Great post, Rose! :D
Oh thanks Annie! :) I quite liked that poem too. For some reason it just seemed to flow that evening. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. lol
I know! It seems like forever that i've been waiting for the new Imogen album. At least First Train Home has wet my appetite a bit! ;)
Yeh I loved Harry Potter too! And SNAP!! I am going to see it with my friends again in our IMAX in Waterloo! Great minds think alike! :D
Thanks so much for popping by! xD I wish more people would stop by and leave comments.
Rose x
Post a Comment