Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Exciting Stuff!

Wow, I haven't posted in about a month! And what a lot I've got to say. Where to start, where to start...

Me on the ferry to Venice.

HOLIDAY: ITALY


Ok so I'm on holiday from university as you might already know (I can't remember a time that I wasn't on holiday, it's been that long and fabulous!) and I've just recently got back from my holiday away to Italy! Oh yeah! It was my first holiday away on my own with just a friend. Although we weren't really on our own because it was an organised group holiday, by the name of Oak Hall. They're a Christian organisation who do various holidays around the world with everything like hotel, flights, transport, trips included plus you get to meet loads of new people so it's great!! :D I would definitely recommend it.

In Venice on the Rialto Bridge

Cocktails!

So anyway, I had a really good time there with my friend, Ana. Took far too many photos (it was in the thousands, promise!) but I'm sure later, I'll be glad I was so camera mad! Haha. The beach was lovely! We had our own personal sunbed bit, where we could stretch out and sunbathe (not that I got much of a tan to show for it though, sadly). Always the way...oh the woes of being a fair skinned redhead. There were always salesmen wandering up and down the beach trying to sell you the most ridiculous wares: gordy towels, rubbish jewelry ("you like?"), silly dancing toys, tatoos, fake brandname sunglasses (of which I was clearly already wearing a pair of perfectly good Wilkos ones, so why would i want to buy some more?). But was pretty entertaining nonetheless!

I met up with my sister and her friend from America (who is actually from Italy so that's why he was visiting there) in Venice and we got a gondola together. Pricey but you've got to do it really, haven't you! We visited some other islands, stuff...So anyway, lots of other amusing stories (bella! Good price!) but I won't bore you with those!

Eating pizza in a bikini! That's what it's all about!


IMOGEN HEAP!

Imogen Heap Tweetup @ SketchThis is was where I was!!!


Next thing: I've met Imogen Heap!!!!!! I know, why didn't I mention that first! Well, I thought I'd do this chronologically at least, to give it some kind of order! Anyway, what happened was, I saw last Monday on facebook, Imogen's status that she was doing one of, what she calls her "HeapTweetUp"s in London the very next day! Tuesday at 7pm!! My instant thought was "I am going to that!" My best friend, who was round my house at the time, and I started looking up where the place was and took along my sister and her friend from America who was staying over as well. We are all mad Imogen Heap fans (except for the American friend, who thankfully has been converted and is now a big fan! How could anyone not not be, let's be honest! He'd only heard 'Let Go' initially and wasn't that bothered/hyped like we were by the whole thing, until afterwards...anyway I'm getting ahead of myself!!)

SO, we queued up outside the place...you see it was only the first 80 to get in, since the room was only a small bar room, and it was a squeeze with about 50 of us! We got there at 5:50pm to ensure our place in the queue and we were about 30 people back from the front. So any later, and it might've been risky! After waiting for EVER we were finally let in and oh my gosh, when we saw her for real it was surreal!! hehe. And wow, she isn't half tall! She is about 6ft or taller! I got a photo with her too. (see below. I actually look a bit rubbish in the photo but I don't care that much! lol) PLUS I got a personally signed picture of her new album cover. It was so cool, cos not everyone got one, since she was stuck for time near the end. We were the few lucky ones!

Drinks were on her (how cool is that!) and we all grouped round whilst she introduced it and began playing songs from her new album off her laptop through the absolutely amazing sound system that was installed in the room. She played about 5 songs off the album and before each one, explained their origins and meanings, etc. She's just as cool in real life as in her blogs; so honest and funny! If anything, it's made me love her even more! And what did I think of the new songs? Well, of course, unequivocal to anything else out there. Just the layers and quality of the sound is just, beautiful. The song I loved the most was Half Life, which she played last. I almost cried it was so lovely. The lyrics I could relate to and it made all us girls go "awwww!" afterwards. I can't wait to play it on my computer once I have the album!

(A stupid moth is flying around my lights and it is very annoying!) So yes, it was pretty amazing. I love how unplanned and spontaneous the whole thing was and now I can say "I've met Imogen Heap!" Not just seen her, but actually talked to her! Not that I said much, I was so speechless with delight, but all the same! Haha.

Me and Imogen!

And if you want to know what I'm raving about, here is a video with clips from all the new songs.



Right, well I think that's me officially done now. I do have other things I can ramble about but maybe I'll save that for another day, another blog.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Faltarego said...

Hey, Rose! I listened to the "sampler" of Imogen's new collection. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, and I think it started off a bit iffy for me, but by the time I got to "Swoon" I was pretty much hooked. By the end I was lovin' it. She's got a unique voice. Really ethereal. And I love hearing the English accent (like when Lily Allen sings). Also love the pics of you on vacation. MLTYD --Eric

Marc said...

This post is full of awesome.

Glad to hear you had a grand time in Venice and that's all kinds of sweet that you got to meet Imogen :D