Sunday, 19 April 2009

Ah I guess it's been a while again. Been mostly busy enjoying the rare newly arrived sunshine that we've been having this weekend. And also reading through the mammoth (yet amazing) long story on Protag called Tagged. If you haven't already read it, READ IT!! It's excellent; I couldn't put it down, so to speak! hehe. Just a totally exquisite blend of various authors' styles all mixing colourfully together to produce this rich exciting masterpiece! I have already mentioned them in my comment of praise, but just in case any of them are reading this, I take my hat off to you: Marc, Bill, Andrew, Archi and Kirsten. :D
So go check it out here, if you haven't! I know it's pretty long, but it's well worth it, trust me! ;)

So anyway, today's post...hmm...well I thought I could use this photo as an inspiration, that I took myself today. We went to these gardens at a local farm; really pretty and the sunshine made it all the more lovely :)



She lays curled up in the glorious heat,
Which lightly treads its glory feet;
Tip-toeing all blade and every leaf,
Into a bask of beauty sleep.

Archaic aqua faces smile
Outwardly observing the passing file;
Skirted legs and swinging leather bags,
Patting hands on golden backs.

Longing to be sunk in a sea of sand grains
But instead are stuck in grassy lanes,
The forlorn chairs cluster 'round the faces,
Staring back into those steely gazes.

An ear twitches, a tail ripples,
But her face still remains quite unsettled;
Eyes winked shut,
Paws tucked up,
Perfect spot, that,
For a perfect nap.

1 comment:

Marc said...

Ah jeez, you're making me blush.

Thankfully I can dump most of the credit on my co-writers, since without them that story would have died a slow death after the third chapter.

That's a cute picture you took by the way :)