Argh its been a while. I don't know how you do it Marc, I really don't! (302 days in a row! *sob):P
Okaaay so...I'm writing this kindaaa horror story. Don't know if it's horror-y enough to be cast into that genre but oh well. I've never tried it before so it's really only an experiment to see if I can pull it off! hehe But I'm not posting it on protag yet...just because. Plus it's not done yet. But here's a small taster...
Air rushed into my gunk-filled lungs as I fell hard, collapsing onto the cold ground below. I immediately began coughing up everything in me, spewing out bitter tasting muck which made me gag over and over. With a partially cleared throat, fresh adrenaline and dissipated gravity, I stumbled up and desperately scrambled away from the growing puddle of gushing entrails and multi-coloured fluids.
Sorry it's not much...don't wanna give it all away! :P
p.s. This website is where I go if I really need a good laugh! :D
Sunday January 1st, 2023
3 years ago


3 comments:
Ooh, horror - there's a genre I haven't tried yet.
As for the continuous madness that is my daily practice... I shall leave you my top three secrets of the trade, as it were.
3. Every Saturday I write a four line poem. This is almost like a day off.
2. When I really don't feel like writing, I write Haiku. They are generally terrible but it's still writing. This leads to my final tip:
3. Allow yourself to write complete crap. It's advice I've read, it's advice I've been told in person by a writer I admire, it's advice to write by. You're writing every day - it's not all going to be good, or even decent. But there will usually be something worth keeping or exploring further. Usually :D
I love Marc's tips. Hooray for four-line poems and haiku. And especially crap, because I can write that especially well. ;-)
I look forward to reading more of your horror piece! What you have so far is really good.
Thanks so much for the tips Marc! :D Always good to learn from the experts! ;)
And thanks Ana! Im glad you liked my little horror piece...still working on it! :D
And thanks again for reading my stuff! haha
Post a Comment