I'm meant to be doing my essay right now, but procrastination seems to be taking over.
Meanwhile, I thought I'd just put this little summery thought up:
I feel the heat on my eyelids and lie there still,
Soaking up the glorious sunshine that beats down on my exposed skin.
I'm lounging out in the garden on warm soft blankets,
Listening to the sounds which surround me, filling my head with a surge of content.
The hum of planes overhead, which sweep a fluffy cream ribbon across the clear blue expanse above me;
The distant drone of dusty lawnmowers - I can picture the man: his bare back turning red, his booted feet pacing triumphantly across the grassy land as he pushes the machine past trimmed blades;
The comforting trickle of next door's water fountain making me want to dip my feet in, to feel its gasping coolness swell around my hot feet.
They sign the hopeful coming of days, bright 'n carefree 'n lazy;
Slapping on the cream, opening the creaky hamper;
Laughing, smiling and stretching out those white winter limbs into the wonderful light.
Sunday January 1st, 2023
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment