Sunday, 22 March 2009

I'm really getting into this poetry thing :)

Ah, so hello :) Didn't post yesterday because I had a good girly friend of mine round! :) But that meant that I had to tidy my room, so now it is all spotless! YAY! And oh, how sweet it is!
So anyway...I feel like a bit of ramble first..before I have to write. Gargh, my shoulders are killing *sits up straight sharply*. I must stop hunching over! Ah, Coldplay are the best! Do you think I overuse exclamation marks? I am pretty enthusiastic though, so I do mean it! lol, there I go again. Hmm....so my new craze at the moment is origami. It's awesome! I've made butterflies, lovehearts, frogs, boxes, birds, rings...it's so fun! :D I'll make you one if you ask nicely ;) It's extremely satisfying starting with a square of paper and ending up with this cute model after a bit of skilled folding. And I put them in letters and cards and stuff to add that little personal touch. :) I think it's kindof romantic too...I'm afraid I first got (rather cheesily) inspired by Prison Break where Scofield makes that crane and then the flower for Sarah. aww!! I gotta get round to watching the second season of that! Wentworth Miller is H-O-T! *heart beats wildly*
*ahem* So anyway, I bet you're sick of my rambling. You're lucky I'm not going any further than this...so better get down to that writing!
This happened to me today so I felt inspired to write a poem about it.

Aujourd'hui's prompt: Song Memories

I shuffle in my chair and the song starts playing,
My ears prick up but my mind's still delaying
I feel a sudden pang but what's it saying?
There's a memory attached yet murky it's staying.

The music seeps deep
Into my senses
Awakening them
Like stagnant sleeping streams
Whooshing in, soaking every corner's defenses
Taking me back to what seems like dreams

More memory of a feeling than of a scene I'm seeing,
A hazy era, of sweet joy and warm thrills
Thrust back a moment of wistful longing, wishing,
At my reckless heart it stabs, kills

The minutes pass, the music's surging,
My memory keeps on swimming, stirring
Unearthing, exposing, dragging aged seaweed off those buried shipwrecks,
An attempt to grow over the past, now uncovered with no attempt at mercy.

1 comment:

DAN21 said...

i like the beat to it and its lyrical genious .Also i like to sing it tehe.