Friday, 20 March 2009

I still haven't tidied it yet....

I'm currently meant to be tidying my room, but I really don't want to get on with it...for obvious reasons! So seeing as I could go on about it forever, why not choose it as today's topic!
I shall! I shall!

So...today's prompt: Messy Bedroom

I push open the door,
It won't budge any more,
Some towels line the floor,
Amongst other decor.

Towers and rows of those library books,
Littering my desk and various nooks,
Meant to return them three months by the looks,
A huge fine no doubt, the heartless crooks.

A draw open there,
Clothes strewn everywhere,
Trip! That blasted carpet tear,
I'm gonna pull out my hair!

Plates, bowls, even dried mould,
"You must tidy it now!"My mother scolds,
"I can't do the clothes, they take ages to fold!"
I tug a shirt from the depths, revealing a sole.

"Ah that's where they were, I was looking for them!
But I can't say I know where that top is, for certain.
I'll tidy it now!" I promise her then,
But I'm still sitting here, in a bombsite of a den.

2 comments:

DAN21 said...

Preaching to the quire here missy lol
I liek your use of rhyming pattern and structure it gives the poem a nice beat and feel too it .I also like your comaprison of your room to a bombsite lol

Unknown said...

Rose! I'm so happy to see you have a blog. I'm telling you, blogging can get addictive. It's even kept me off Protagonize...