Monday, 30 March 2009

I used a prompt from www.picturespoetryprose.blogspot.com to give me inspiration for this post.
It told me to grab a book near me, go to p123 and use a sentence on that page to get me writing.
So War of the Worlds (by H.G. Wells) gave me my opening sentence:

Its motion was so swift, complex, and perfect that at first I did not see it as a machine, in spite of its metallic glitter. Advancing fluidly, it stopped just half a metre in front of me. I looked down to see my muddied bare feet, clumsily parted, cowering in comparison to the shining flawless human feet of silver before me. If I just reached out a finger and stroked that foot, I'm sure I would wipe away the grey exterior and find soft pale skin underneath.

My eyes scanned tentatively upwards, taking in every smooth surface of the female android's body: her stark white pinafore cropped mid-thigh and cut off mid-neck, leaving her long arms bareless and hanging still by her curved sides. There was not a blemish even in existence. A thick green belt nestled neatly round her slim waist, and as my eyes finally settled on her face, I noticed it perfectly matched her searing eyes of emerald. She blinked once. I couldn't look away; not even if I wanted to; I was drowning in endless pools of black.

I blinked my own sore eyes, only to notice her perfectly contoured cheeks and full golden lips. My hands grew sweaty by my side, and it felt like my heart was beating inside my head, making it pulse outwards every half a second.

She parted those velvet lips and spoke words of crystal pleasure and I thought my mind would explode with ecstasy.

No comments: