Monday, 16 March 2009

My First Ever Blog! :)

Hmm so I thought I'd give this writing practice thing a go, since I've been so inactive from Protagonize, but I haven't got anything decent to post up yet.
So thanks to Marc (better known as Eloo) for the inspiration to just practise without worrying about perfection, and just get random ideas out there. :)
So here goes!

The exercise:

Today's prompt is: Draft

Mine:

The hum of faraway vehicles; the steady swishing of my jeans as I march brisquely up the road; that crispness of silence crushing my ears. Cotton-clad arms squeeze, folded tightly together, safely guarding that little warmth. Feeling the bitter breeze whipping at my bare neck, I tug at my soft scarf to shut out the draft; a draft that takes be back to earlier days, when I tried so hard to stanch that constant reminder. Of him. I knew it did me no good to reopen open those healing wounds and dwell on the pain, yet it still found a way through, niggling and persistant; merciless and teasing; what once was a welcome visitor that I hoped to stay, now a sober reminder that never went away.

1 comment:

Marc said...

Congrats on your first blog :)

I like the scene you've created - it could very easily transition to the opening of a longer story. I particularly liked the rhyming of 'stay' and 'away' at the end.

- Marc / Eloo