Aww, pretty awful about Jade Goody and also Natasha Richardson! So tragic! My respects and condolences go to both their families. :'(
Well, a fairly lazy semi-unproductive day for me today...but ah whatever...my room is still tidy which is all that counts! haha. I feel like doing a story type writing today, rather than a poem. I've done enough of those to be going on with! ;) Maybe something fantasy actually...try my hand at that!
Sooooo...Today's prompt is *drum roll*: Waiting
Elsie tiptoed nervously in her pale violet leather boots, neatly tied like a string bag around her slender ankles, hovering tentatively above the damp mossy dome. These were her favourite pair of shoes; they had remained surprisingly intact, despite frequent friction with brambles, puddles and gravel and there was only a slight scuff on the right boot. Which was pretty good, she thought, considering she'd got them for the bargain price of just 20 green ivies, at Leafy Hollow Market no less!
She craned her neck across the expanse of dew-covered blades, waiting, hopeful. A harsh breeze suddenly whipped around her fragile frame in a whirlwind, unbalancing her graceful floated figure and ruffling her ragged leafy dress. She tutted, momentarily distracted, and smoothed the front down carefully, crossing her pale arms tightly against her chest for warmth. It was a chilly evening and all she wanted was to be back in the warm den of home.
She shivered and frowned desparingly, letting out a gentle sigh. Shaking out her wings impatiently, she flapped them back and forth in an attempt to kill boredom and restlessness. What remained of the evening's twilight rays, glinted happily off the fluerescent splashes and strokes which lined Elsie's paper thin wings. Each time they flitted open again, the light danced manically off the bark of a nearby oak tree, almost like a high speed lighthouse signal.
Where was he!? Her eratic thoughts darted around like laser beams, searing the inside of her mind with frustration and worry. In the end, she didn't know what to think anymore. All she knew was that he hadn't been late before; not once.
Sunday January 1st, 2023
3 years ago


2 comments:
I loved this part:
She craned her neck across the expanse of dew-covered blades, waiting, hopeful. A harsh breeze suddenly whipped around her fragile frame in a whirlwind, unbalancing her graceful floated figure and ruffling her ragged leafy dress.
I love how the imagery and word-choice makes Elsie seem bird-like here (i.e, "craned"; "fragile frame"; "graceful floated figure"; "ruffling her ragged leafy dress." Simply gorgeous, Rose!
Thanks Ana! I did enjoy creating the image, cos I had her quite well in my head. :) I hope you did guess she's meant to be a fairy lol. Well, I guess it wasn't that obvious but ah whatever ;) Glad you liked it!
Post a Comment