So our local library reopened today after being closed for a month's refurbishments. I do kind of relish the fact that I'm one of those "regular members" who goes there quite often! :) I've always loved it - done the children's reading challenges over the summer; used it a lot over study leave, revising for GCSEs and Alevels; and now it's more a haven of relaxation and to find some really good reads! I realised that I kinda missed not being able to pop in and just browse and feel at ease. It's almost been a second home to me! So I was eagerly awaiting its reopening. Anyway, here it is...
Today's prompt: The Library
A cozy blanket of warmth encases me
Whilst the smell of new carpet greets me
I walk up the familiar ramp
And survey the changes casually
A few things moved around
A new computer room I found
The bustling staff, the perusing regulars
Overall, I'd say it was pretty much sound!
It felt so pleasing to be back again
Amongst the familiar shelves and books of zen
I smiled at the thought of fresh reads to devour
And sat happily down in my home of a den.
Sunday January 1st, 2023
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment