Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Hmm interesting outcome there...

Today's prompt: Delivery
(credit goes to oneminutewriter.blogspot.com for prompt idea)

Flap, a letter falls to the floor
Knock, a package at the door
A heart leap, a heart peaks
A heart sinks, a heart torn

Pick up, it's not my name
Drop back, a false hope drains
An eye tears, and I walk away
An eye sears, and I hope 'another day'

No word, months have passed
No point, I'm in the past
A mind blasts, a mine field
A mind closes, a mind sealed

It's over
It's done
It's not like I knew
This wouldn't happen

I wanted to be blind
I could see right through
I knew he was just too good
To be true.

2 comments:

Marc said...

Ooh, I like that muchly. Particularly the first stanza.

DAN21 said...

Arnt men bastards sometimes.
I like it its very moving i like the way how you describe your mind as a minefield just waiting to explode.Also the reptition of the word heart puts real emphthasis on how you feel.